Interventional Pain Management Services at Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic
For some people, pain can become an overwhelming obstacle that hinders daily activities and diminishes quality of life. But you don’t have to live with this discomfort.
Pain management has emerged as a specialized field, offering a multidisciplinary approach to addressing a wide range of pain.
Types of Pain We Treat
Pain management treatment caters to a wide spectrum of pain, ranging from acute to chronic, as well as its underlying causes. Some common types of pain addressed include:
When it’s time to seek help, pain management specialist and board-certified anesthesiologist and pain medicine physician Dr. Herberg is here to provide expert care. Pain medicine physicians play a pivotal role in improving a patient’s quality of life through a personalized treatment plan.
Dr. Herberg will review your medical history, listen carefully to how you describe your pain and perform a thorough examination to pinpoint the source of your discomfort. Collaboratively, he will work with you to identify the right treatment or combination of treatments that gives you relief you seek.
Treatments may include:
Heats nerves to stop them from sending pain signals to your brain.
Injections & Blocks
- Epidural: Can relieve pain in your lower back and legs.
- Joint: Eases arthritis symptoms.
- Trigger point: Treats tender areas of muscle.
- Lumbar sympathetic: Assists in relieving low-back aches.
- Medial branch: Blocks pain from small nerves connected to the facet joints in your vertebrae.
- Occipital: Helps prevent headaches.
- Sacroiliac joint: Treats low-back pain.
- Stellate ganglion: Eases discomfort in your arms and face.